So, it’s been a couple of weeks, alright, it’s been more than a couple.
Anyway, here’s the update on the book I’ve been working on, and that I’ll be querying this summer.
It’s in its 4th draft, 4.2 to be exact. I’ve taken my wife’s notes, gone over them. Fixed consistency errors, grammar errors, and issues with the story. She also suggested things about a certain character, which I fixed.
As of this morning I’m at 60k with this draft and will be starting the third section when I write today.
In the beginning of the editing, I got stuck.
I misunderstood my wife’s suggestions.
Believing, incorrectly, that she was recommending a full rewrite. At that moment, I wanted to cry.
I didn’t want to rewrite 80,000 words.
We talked it over and I had it wrong, which was a huge relief to both of us. The worst part about it is I’ve been misunderstanding what she was asking through all of the books I’ve written. Yep, all 7 that she’s gone over.
She’s started on the one I wrote in December and should be done with it by August.
In the meantime, I’ll be querying this one over the summer.
I have an idea for the next book and I’m super-excited!
Have a happy rest of your week and happy writing.