We venture in to the world, our hearts full of dreams, our minds full of doubts, but there’s always that one dream.
The one we have that pushes us to go farther, try harder and not accept anything other than the dream as our reality.
These dreams make us question who we are, what we truly want out of our lives, whether we want to continue on our current path and the decisions we must make to create the dream as our reality.
One year ago I began searching for who I was and discovered him in the dreams I was having, and continue to have.
He was stronger, more disciplined, more loving of his family, helped people in need and he was a writer.
There are things I’ve done in the last year to be that person.
- I spend more time with my family than I ever have.
- I started keeping track of things I’ve done during the day to make myself and those around me better people.
- I made a list of where I wanted to be in 10 years and started working towards it.
- I realized how much I truly loved my wife and began to prove to her I’d changed.
- I knew what I wanted to write and started creating the world for my characters.
- I stopped listening to the haters and began listening to like-minded people who wanted to change their world and help others.
Each of these 6 things have changed the way I think about who I am, what I do with my life on a daily basis, but that dream I had, well…it’s one of those you wake up from stare at the world around us and know that you can change things.
Change brings about angst and fear, but by meeting fear head on we’re able to create the world we want for ourselves our partners and those around us.